MMO...what are the benifits when using in fuel....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um guys, how many MMO threads do we need here?
confused.gif

I like the stuff and will pick it up on sale ... but won't usually pay bust-out retail for it. I also use Lucas UCL, odd 2-stroke oil as well the straight-up cleaners like Red Line SL-1 and Techron. Fuel Power is something else.

MMO gave me a mileage improvement of 5% ... tracked over several tankfuls.

I also use it more heavily when breaking in new engines (seating the rings, etc ...). I figure it lengthens the break-in period as the wear occurs more slowly ... but properly.

But really ... do a search. Lots more MMO info already on this site.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
Um guys, how many MMO threads do we need here?
confused.gif

I like the stuff and will pick it up on sale ... but won't usually pay bust-out retail for it. I also use Lucas UCL, odd 2-stroke oil as well the straight-up cleaners like Red Line SL-1 and Techron. Fuel Power is something else.

MMO gave me a mileage improvement of 5% ... tracked over several tankfuls.

I also use it more heavily when breaking in new engines (seating the rings, etc ...). I figure it lengthens the break-in period as the wear occurs more slowly ... but properly.

But really ... do a search. Lots more MMO info already on this site.
wink.gif

There would be fewer if people who had nothing to contribute to the subject didn't thread jack every single one of them and try and turn it into the same tired discussion on whether they do anything, and feel the need to inject the fact that they don't believe in using them.

As a classic example of what I mean, from a post above yours:

Originally Posted By: JustinH

I really don't see the benefit to any of these fuel additives, it reminds me of dumping money into a toilet and flushing it.

Is this really relevant? Does it contribute absolutely anything at all to the discussion? Given what the OP has said, does it offer a single iota of anything useful to the OP or any of us who are following this thread? Only if they're wishing to hijack the thread into the same tired debate. It doesn't belong in this thread and I could frankly give a flying ---- that JustinH thinks its the same as flushing money away. Save your money Justin, and the rest of us the time wasted in reading your completely useless thoughts on the subject.

As the OP put it:

Quote:

This post has the potential to turn into one of those "Does MMO work and where is the scientific quantifiable proof" posts. I hope it doesn't go that way and you get some good useful info.

People need to spend more time working on their reading comprehension skills as in one case already, it is clearly lacking.

-Spyder

Last edited by a moderator:
so my question again dose the mmo make more carbon and soot??

so do non additive users just read this forum to knock people??
if they are not interested in oil or gas additives why would they click on it????????

maybe some folks like to argue??

MMO won't create carbon or soot. If you have some build up in your engine it should help the oil disperse and suspend it and then its filtered. As a fuel additive, the stuff it dissolves will all go out the exhaust valve after detonation.

-Spyder

I just posted in another thread my initial experience with TC-W3. It definitely brought the idle to 100% smooth from 99% with MMO. The pumps seem to like it even better than MMO. I'm going to try TC-W3 alone and see if the idle stays the same. If so, I'll switch to TC-W3 exclusively.

Good thread and thanks, Spyder7...

Last edited:
This is similar to my own experience, though my own particular engine likes its own particular ratio of the two together. Having observed benefits in using each separately, I was pleased to discover, after minimal ratio tweaking, that worked so well together.

-Spyder

I think I'm going to use 2 ozs of TC-W3 to 10 gallons, which I believe is the correct dosage and 4 ozs of MMO, the recommended doasage. I am really grateful I found out about TC-W3 here in the forum. Frankly I can't feel my engine running since the addition of TC-W3 and I'm only a third into the first tank. There is zero noise from the pumps and the sound of the engine is muted. From idle to all out, there is no 'strain'. It is completely smooth throughout the power band.

Incredible is all I have to say...

Originally Posted By: Spyder7
This is similar to my own experience, though my own particular engine likes its own particular ratio of the two together. Having observed benefits in using each separately, I was pleased to discover, after minimal ratio tweaking, that worked so well together.

-Spyder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back