Absolute best hand power drill made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PRND3L
^ that's some strong anecdotal evidence.

Actually, Panasonic shows up as top dog on a number of the cordless drill review sites. For a "real" man to use a Panasonic drill is akin to eating quiche!

Panasonic is very well regarded in Consumer Reports drill/driver reviews as well. In multiple categories of size/power/style.

Last edited:
If you are type of the guy who uses tools for living, you are not CR reader ~/~ Only soccer moms and soccer dads read CR. Real men buy HilTi rotary hammer drills, no pansy Pannys for them :)

If you need any battery powered equipments for your bedroom, Panansonic and Hitachi are highly regarded.

OK, OK, I am kidding.

- Vikas

Quote:
If you need any battery powered equipments for your bedroom, Panansonic and Hitachi are highly regarded.

Thanks Vikas my coffee went all over the table.
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
I agree, in a rotary hammer, Hilti cannot be touched. We have several 20+ year old Hilti TE5's, 24's, and 75's, and theyre still going strong.

In a standard cordless drill without a hammer function? Panasonic, all the way.

Seriously, Panasonic is really the best when it comes to cordless. In the high tech industry, most of the electronic work benches carry nothing but Panasonic for assembly work. I was curious so I did some research and realized that Panasonic cordless screw driver was about 10 times more expensive than my Walmart bought B&D one. Mine lasted less than 6 months and was pain in the neck to use. The Panasonic was such a pleasure to use.

- Vikas

I have an 11-12 year old German-made Milwaukee 18 volt cordless drill driver which has been awesome, but the motor is beginning to smell at times. It doesn't help that it started smelling after being dropped from a 10 foot high beam onto concrete. Great drill.

Old corded Milwaukee hole shooter are the best. There longevity speaks in volumes of how good they are and how many people still use them daily.

New Milwaukee drills (and tools in general) are junk! Made in China (like many of the Hilti, Bosch and DeWalt tools)!! I'm not even sure Milwaukee even makes anything left in this country. Heck they aren't even a USA owned company anymore. They have gone the way of McCulloch chainsaws, just a name on a China made POS tool.

Now the German-made Metabo 18 volt hammer-drill is unbelievable. More nut than the Milwaukee has or ever had. Shorter than the Milwaukee, plus its easier to change batteries compared to the old Milwaukee. The charger is also fan cooled which should help the charger last a lot longer.

Metabo has steel gears (planetary), a metal housing (strength over plastic) and has only bearings, no bushings.

And yes the German-made tools are a heck of a lot better than anything coming out of red-china.

http://www.metabo.us/Metabo-Cordless-Video.31149.0.html

bob

Originally Posted By: bob15
I have an 11-12 year old German-made Milwaukee 18 volt cordless drill driver which has been awesome, but the motor is beginning to smell at times. It doesn't help that it started smelling after being dropped from a 10 foot high beam onto concrete. Great drill.

Old corded Milwaukee hole shooter are the best. There longevity speaks in volumes of how good they are and how many people still use them daily.

New Milwaukee drills (and tools in general) are junk! Made in China (like many of the Hilti, Bosch and DeWalt tools)!! I'm not even sure Milwaukee even makes anything left in this country. Heck they aren't even a USA owned company anymore. They have gone the way of McCulloch chainsaws, just a name on a China made POS tool.

Now the German-made Metabo 18 volt hammer-drill is unbelievable. More nut than the Milwaukee has or ever had. Shorter than the Milwaukee, plus its easier to change batteries compared to the old Milwaukee. The charger is also fan cooled which should help the charger last a lot longer.

Metabo has steel gears (planetary), a metal housing (strength over plastic) and has only bearings, no bushings.

And yes the German-made tools are a heck of a lot better than anything coming out of red-china.

http://www.metabo.us/Metabo-Cordless-Video.31149.0.html

bob

I think Bosch is made in Switzerland. At least the few models I have been reading about are made there. The Panasonic is made in Mexico. I'll avoid anything made in China. Porter Cable is Taiwan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back