$5.00 a gallon gas by 2012 article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am skeptical of this as they said the same thing last time gas spiked; in fact, they said it would peak to $12.00/gal. Seems there are always those "doom and gloomers" out there.
Time will tell........

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-news/...ampaign=blog-en

There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen. I saw the interview with John Hofmeister, and he knows what he is talking about. China now sells more vehicles per year than the US. 13 million being added to the road each year in China alone. Where is that fuel going to come from? Production is static at around 85 billion barrels per year. We are at $90+ per barrel and the world's economy has not even recovered yet. Guess what will happen to oil prices when it does recover??? Why not prepare for that now?

Why do people complain about high prices and then do nothing about it? They should buy a car that gets great fuel economy, and buy stocks in oil companies. That's what I am doing, and it's working out great...

Last edited:
I can only imagine the price of Motor oil, both Dino and synthetic, if this happen to the price of Gasoline. Those people with a large stash of motor oil will be rewarded if the price climbs as the author predicts.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I have the feeling everything will go sky high, that is the plan.

+1

I sense a very big change coming this summer...

truck of full of the stuff in my 6 month ol's diapers, oil demand gone down and is going down to due change in driving habits and more people switching to smaller cars (honda fit for me), this is just to drum up their excuse to speculate in the oil prices and gouge us.

It will go up if progressive elites continue to stifle the basic function of the economy & shoot from the hip energy ideas with no actual plan.

When gas hit $3/gallon, everyone is in panic mode about gas going higher and higher.
crazy2.gif

For whats its worth experts predict $4.00 a gallon gas this spring when gas prices spike. Due to the refineries shuting down for the switch over to summer blend.

I'd bet by summer we're paying $4/gallon or higher for gas, and oil company profits will be breaking records again.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'd bet by summer we're paying $4/gallon or higher for gas, and oil company profits will be breaking records again.

+1

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-news/...ampaign=blog-en

There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen. I saw the interview with John Hofmeister, and he knows what he is talking about. China now sells more vehicles per year than the US. 13 million being added to the road each year in China alone. Where is that fuel going to come from? Production is static at around 85 billion barrels per year. We are at $90+ per barrel and the world's economy has not even recovered yet. Guess what will happen to oil prices when it does recover??? Why not prepare for that now?

Why do people complain about high prices and then do nothing about it? They should buy a car that gets great fuel economy, and buy stocks in oil companies. That's what I am doing, and it's working out great...

Agree with your recommendation of how to operate.

Thing with the China bit is that they are tied to our access to cheap oil. If they are buying it all up, we are buying less widgets, which means that they are getting less money, come to a stop, and cant afford oil either.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Lets not get into the profit bit again. If the standard oil comapny profit is x% of the finished product value, and the value of the finished product goes up, how is it not fair that they make higher profit?

So long as it is taxed accordingly, Im fine.

Like the others have said "let's wait and see" cuz I can't help but feel this is only a scare tactic of the oil companies and in addition of using the news media to tell us that' what they want to line their wallets of more of our money.

Just think of it..... If our economy doesn't improve much by 2012 ( the so called dooms day year ) the price would go up so much that it'll just cripple the U.S. commerce! Trucks and 18 wheelers would literally come to a hault cuz they can't afford the gas to truck products to the stores! IF our President is on the ball he'll have his Energy Secetary look into this NOW. He can't afford to let the oil companies charge us for such a ridulious insane price.

For now let them boost and we'll see over time this coming new year.

Durango

Not only should we buy stock in oil companies, but I suggest buying up all the old Geo Metros and Suzuki Swifts you can get your hands on. Remember the panic and crazy prices people were paying for econoboxes the last time? People were spending up to $6K for cars worth $1K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back