Mystic JT-6, Multi-Purpose High-Temp. Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've been useing Mystic JT-6, Multi-purpose, High-Temp.(RED), Grease for all my Wheel Bearing & chassis needs. I was led to believe that it was a very high quality grease, used by many of the trucking companies, here in Phoenix, AZ.
I don't read much, on this forum, about Mystic products. Schaeffer's, however, is mentioned very favorably (221 & 274).
Is Mystic JT-6 a good product or should I get rid of it and start using Schaeffer's? I still have a couple of tubes and a small tub of the Mystic and would hate to throw it out. It seems to stick to the trailer wheel bearings, pretty well.

I would appreciate your opinions & would like to know if the Mystic is a good product.

Thank You.

Joe Fihn

I havent read anything bad about Mystic greases. There are a couple threads of people using it.

Does anyone know if the Mystic JT-6 multi purpose (Not high temp) grease is compatible with Lithium complex grease?? It says the base is anhydrous calcium.
The water wash out on this grease is only .9%, compared to 2.5% for the jt-6 high temp, mobil1 is 6%. It seems like it would be really good for wet environments. I want to use this for the bearings on my atv.
My local TSC has several tubes of the multi purpose, they even have it for my mini grease gun.

I would not mix the calcium base with lithium,though problems would be slight,,, if in boat trailer bearings the JT-6 calcium is great,,for disc bearings and chassis lube the hi temp RED grease is good,,Mystic makes a very good product for the $$$,,so does Schaeffers greases etc,,,as their grease is aluminum complex,,if you are having good experences with Mystic stay with it,,,,,BL

Thank You, for your replies, guys. I was told, years ago, that it was a very good grease but, after a lot of reading on this site, especially about the Schaeffer's products, you start to have doubts.
I just hated to throw it out not knowing for sure.
Thanks, again.
Joe Fihn

For gosh sakes, Joe, don't throw Mystik JT-6 hi-temp #6 out. It's darn good grease...one of the few readily available available that meet the rigid Spicer specs. for universal joints.

It simply does not last very long in the applications with heavy equipment,tractors, and semis and emulsifies very quickly.

Are you talking about the high temp JT-6, or both?
I guess the specs for greases mean nothing.

Grease spec mean what the lube will do in a certain condition,,as its a base point for your app ,as conditions can vary and type of bearing speeds impact, reversability,seal condition,moisture,length of intervals to changeout,proper packing,etc,,,,,,,,BL

quote:

Originally posted by 04SpecV:

Does anyone know if the Mystic JT-6 multi purpose (Not high temp) grease is compatible with Lithium complex grease?? It says the base is anhydrous calcium.

http://www.mindconnection.com/library/handyman/greasecompat.htm

Is "anhydrous" the Hydroxy Calcium or Calcium Complex? The answer to that makes a difference if you switch to Schaeffer's Alum. base grease. My GUESS is it's Hydroxy Calcium on this chart. Got that...my guess.

The Mystic "Red" JT-6 Lithium Complex is great, Amsoil Racing Grease my "god" grease, and I like my HD Amsoil Lithium Complex w/Moly. Someday Schaeffer's when I replace my truck's spiders and such.

Yeah I've seen those charts before an I wasn't sure which it was either.
I don't know I just used m1 grease because thats what I had on hand. Anything is better than nothing which is what it seems like was used..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back