Schaeffer's Grease - I want to buy - but where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right. I'm having a **** neurosis with this now. I'd like to buy some Schaeffers grease. Specifically, I want 2 or 3 tubes of #197.

I emailed Schaeffers, they won't help me out with this. They gave me a name of a local sales guy, spoke with him about it, he hasn't called me back yet.

I am one of the multitudes of people that has no need for a ten or thirty pack of grease. I use about one tube a year or less. I am willing to buy up to 3 tubes to facilitate this sale, but not one or three decades worth.

I want #197 because it is a full synthetic, and it's specs are similar to those of Valvoline Synpower, at least those specs I've been able to find, temp range, moly content, etc. It gets cold up here in NY.

Well? Does anybody want to make a sale? Or not?

Clement

The 197 is a bentone base and doubt that it is the grease for you. The 274 is alum. complex base and a better fit and I'll bet you could get your hands on a couple of tubes. The low end is a diff of -50 to -65 no big deal.

I did not know that about the #197. Why would I not want a clay based greases as opposed to a lithium or aluminum or calcium for automotive use?

-

So the clay based grease is incompatible with every other grease out there. Doesn't seem to make sense to me to produce a grease like that. And that still begs the question, why clay? What advantages does it offer over the other grease bases? I'm just trying to understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back