Any sportbike guys around here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the verge of getting my 750 Turbo project on the road. It's looking good for a 25 year old bike (it dang well better be, given the blood, sweat, $, and tears I've invested to date!) I'll be running M1 15w50 initially, since I have some laying about and Kawasaki calls for a 40~50wt lube.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
I appreciate all that's new and modern as much as the next guy, but was this REALLY an improvement? The 2008 250 went with the shim / bucket design too, so I must be missing the significance or advantages it offers when compared to the labor-intensive maintenance it causes.

The dilemma occurs due to the manufacturer trying to compete against similar designs from the competition.

If they stick with the rocker then they limit the rpm limit of the motor and the performance compared to shim and bucket design.

Having said that I just did a GSX-R750 2007 shims recently and they were still within spec after 30k mikes.

I like my sportbikes small and naked.
IMG.jpg

I've been riding with the same guys for about 25 years. All but one (excluding myself)"grew up" and got Harley Davidsons. ( He has a Buell 1125R...Rotax powered but still gets cred with 90% of the Harley crowd and can still run with anything from a Gixxer to a Duck) Harley Davidson isn't going anywhere for a long time.

But me? I plan on going even smaller.

If a Hyosung GT250R can really be ridden on the interstate comfortably like so many of it's owners claim, I'll be the 6'3" middle aged guy buzzing happily along looking for the next corner. Bring on the 5.00gal gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back