Bought a pos greasegun, how can i use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a grease gun a few months ago and i had it working for a little bit so i figured since it was only about 10$ i didnt need the receipt or packaging.

Big mistake, it never worked past the first time. I wasted 2 oil containers trying to get it to work. Does anyone have this greasegun which i will describe in a minute and know how to use it.

I got it at autozone and it is the mini grease gun that has its own grease. IT is pretty much the exact thing as this: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/toolsplus/jem830132.html

If anyone is looking for a greasegun, dont get that one but id like to know how to use it if anyone knows. There seems to be something wrong with it because there is no way to pump anything through and every time i take it apart i waste about half a tube of grease on accident.

If there's a spring-loaded ram that pushes grease through the cardboard tube, that ram needs to be clicked off to one side. Play with that thing that comes out the bottom and see if it catches on something.

All manual grease guns have a rod with a handle on the bottom that you have to pull out and lock it in place before you put in the grease cartridge. Take the cartridge remove the plastic cap and put the cartridge in the barrel open end first. The aluminum foil end must be at the top peel off the foil and screw the top on the barrel then unlock the rod and push it all the way in then pump the gun a few times to get the grease to flow. And never unscrew the top without pulling the rod out the bottom and locking it because the grease will be forced out the top all over the place like you describe.

EXACTLY what Ironduke said. I too had a hard time getting mine to work at first on my boat. Once I figured it out, it works great and those smaller disposable cartridges are a lot cleaner to work with. The only complaint, is that when the cartridge is empty, sometimes it's a pain in the arshe to get it out of the grease tube because that is one tight fit. Foil side up, towards the threaded end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back