F150 slip yoke grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the Ford part number for there grease to help eliminate the clunk from the driveshaft slip yoke? I was going to use a EP-2 lithium grease but was told it would mix with the trans fluid and ruin my trans.
patriot.gif

I take it your truck is 2wd. My F250 I used Sprocktor, Atleast I think that is what it is called, Its like a spray grease that gets really thick when it dries. My truck is 4wd so I wasnt too concerned about it mixing with the transfercase fluid. I had a bad clunk when I pushed in the clutch . It is totally gone now. Seamed to work really good. This is just a bandaid fix, since the slip yoke is really worn after 225,000 miles.

quote:

Originally posted by 2004 F150 4x4:
Blue, How old is your truck. Ford performed this as a TSB on my truck (under warranty) when I complained about a clunk.

97 LWB,aluminum driveshaft
I went to my local Ford dealer,Gator Ford,and a tech filled up an areasol can lid with the Ford grease and gave it to me.Its a pretty lite blue Teflon grease.Saved me the $25.00 Ford charges for the can of it!
patriot.gif

Just to answer my own question here; I went to the other Ford dealer we have in this county and the parts guy ordered a 3 oz tube, which should last me for many years, for $7.44 + tax and I got it the next day. Much better for me than the $35 the other dealer wanted for a 1 lb can. I never could find another maker that listed the Ford spec ESB M1 C111-A

By the way it is listed as PTFE Lubricant and XG 8 seems to register as a part number. Another number I found is D2AZ-19590 A. It is suppose to eliminates grunt type noise in driveshaft slip yokes and is a very pretty blue color.
grin.gif

[ January 21, 2005, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: White 03 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back