Grease needles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here use them to lube non zerk front end parts? What is your method of using them? I first clean the rubber,insert the needle,give it a few shots,then put a small dab of RTV on the puncture hole.
patriot.gif

I've recently used a grease needle, and yes everything you said, except I didn't try to plug the hole. A little did squirt out, but after a few wipes, no more. The main thing is that I got grease in there and the hole is too small to allow water in, but I will keep an eye on the fittings as time goes on to see if more grease comes out.

one way to deal with pre-lubed front end parts is to,on a warm day pinch/kneed the rubber boot around the tie-rod end or simalar componet,each oil change to work the existing grease around

quote:

Originally posted by BlueOvalFitter:
Does anyone here use them to lube non zerk front end parts? What is your method of using them? I first clean the rubber,insert the needle,give it a few shots,then put a small dab of RTV on the puncture hole.
patriot.gif

Where can you find grease needles?

Hammer

quote:

Originally posted by Hammer:
Where can you find grease needles?

Hammer

I've seen them in regular car parts stores. Look where the grease guns and hoses are. Try a store that the pros go to.

I know someone that had a cv joint boot come off and throw its grease. He refilled it with whatever was in his grease gun and was able to clamp the boot back on. The joint got noisey in short time and the stuff that came out of there was ugly. Guess the two greases didn't get along to well. My point is when we lube something that is permanently lubed, are we using the right stuff? Only one way to find out, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back