Nemco Red Max alum. complex grease - Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what kind of additives are in it, but Nemco Red Max is supposed to be an aluminum complex grease, which I know is supposed to be good for water resistance.

This stuff is on sale starting Nov. 2 at Princess Auto stores for $1.88 I think.

I bought a tube a few months ago but haven't used it yet (ungreasable joints....). Last night I took a dab and tried to mix it up with water, as per Bob's test. It seemed to change from its dark, translucent red to a slightly milky colour, but I think that might be because I wussed out and did it on a white latex glove.
tongue.gif
Its consistency did not seem to change though. It remained fairly thick and tacky, and didn't thin out. I know I should try this again, but does this sound good?

I tried the same thing with some old (Canadian Tire?) moly grease I had in a gun and it also milked up in my bare hand, but also thinned out and lost some tack.

Despite everything I've read, I mainly bought it for lubing exposed bushings, and I'm not sure what I can and can't use this grease on.
rolleyes.gif
It says ball joints, but can I use this on other chassis stuff like to pack wheel bearings?

Nemco's page on this: http://www.nemco.mb.ca/pdaluminum_complex.html

Thanks... I haven't had a chance to redo the test yet though.

I noticed their page said camper and boat trailer wheel bearings. This is probably a really stupid question, but are these somehow different from wheel bearings on vehicles??
confused.gif
This isn't the first time I've seen this kind of statement and it always confuses me if it's okay to use it for vehicle wheel bearings or not...

Anyone ever use this grease before?

They probably state it in that manner because it doesn't have the NLGI GCLB rating. That doesn't mean it can't be used as such but it probably doesn't meet all the spec's.

quote:

Originally posted by RB Shannon:
They probably state it in that manner because it doesn't have the NLGI GCLB rating. That doesn't mean it can't be used as such but it probably doesn't meet all the spec's.

Hmm, okay thanks. I'll have to read up on this GCLB spec, but for now I'm going to interpret this as "no"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back