Hard to find a us made air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Denso air filters in my Toyotas are also made in the USA. And priced reasonably from the dealer to boot (to include the cabin air filter).

We're in a world economy now, this thinking is out of date. We have to learn to compete or we're screwed, because there's no way to go back.

Originally Posted By: nfs480
We're in a world economy now, this thinking is out of date. We have to learn to compete or we're screwed, because there's no way to go back.

Usually the words China and Quality are not used together.

The Denso are made in the USA- by who, I do not know. I got mine from an online seller and it has deep fluffy media, unlike Fram's Chinese made hard thin paper`. How to post a picture?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
Originally Posted By: nfs480

Usually the words China and Quality are not used together.

I never used the words China and Quality together. Also, if there's one thing i've learned from Cost Accounting and Marketing, it's that quality isn't everything. Some firms are successful competing on Product Differentiation and others are successful competing on Cost Leadership. Currently China is competing using a strategy of cost leadership and it's been paying off for them.

And for the US CEOs.
Maybe when companies outsource they should check to see if they can get a Chinese CEO cheaper than the typical US one.

and
Cost leadership?
or just cheap not the same as it used to be parts.

Last edited:
Cost Leadership is competing on lowest price point while differentiation is focusing on getting sales by providing a product that people are willing to pay more for. I'm simply using the vocabulary taught to me in cost accounting.

And for the US CEOs.
Maybe when companies outsource they should check to see if they can get a Chinese CEO cheaper than the typical US one.

and
Cost leadership?
or just cheap not the same as it used to be parts.
I will agreee on the cheaper Chinese CEO
01.gif
10.gif
thankyou2.gif

Well, the OE motorcraft air filter in my focus is very solid and well made, and it's made in usa. The MANN filter I bought for $10 for the old cav was also US Made.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Well, the OE motorcraft air filter in my focus is very solid and well made, and it's made in usa. The MANN filter I bought for $10 for the old cav was also US Made.

where did you buy the mann- what type retailer?

Mann oil and aif filters can be bought online at either Amazon.com or Rockauto.com. Rockauto usually has lower price for most filters but you will pay shipping charges, and Amazon does not charge shipping if the total order is $25 or more.

Originally Posted By: Nick R

where did you buy the mann- what type retailer?

Amazon.com. It was like $8 plus a few dollars for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back