Best type of grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I change my own oil, I've been lazy and taken my Cherokee to Jiffy lube for lubing the chassis. I forget, though, so I guess I'll start doing that myself too.
So, what would be the best type of grease to get, and where, exactly do I put it? I guess I know what a zerk looks like, but how many are there, and what else should I hit?

I paid a mechanic to lube my F-150, the front wheel bearings, don't know what else he did under there. He used a grease, synthetic, "high performace" lithium complex, rated 2 & 2EP, GC, LB by Amsoil, horribly expensive, compared to the $1 stuff at Walmart. Probably won't ever again lube the fron bearings, unless I get into deep water.

In your area you might be able to find Mystik JT-6 hi temperature multi purpose grease. This is by far the best grease i have ever used, and can be used for any application on your vehicle. This includes all wheel bearing applications and all front end grease points. This grease has a timkin o.k. load of 80 psi, and a dropping point of 550F.

I've used the Red Sta-lube grease on vicon spreaders which is a heavy gear applications. I decided to try the Amsoil heavy duty moly grease and will say it it went 3-4 times in it's application duration versus the Sta-lube.

Any Moly grease does very well, it's a tuff film strength..pick your brand..Amsoil did good for me.

Most don't recomend mixing greases so I bought 2 tubes of Chrysler/Jeep grease from the dealer. I sold my 95 Grand 4L with 160,000 miles with a tight front end. Just stick with the OEM grease. ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back