Which one of these tires would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FZ1
If it's highway mpg you want,shoulda got the GY Comfort Tread Tourings. No extra charge for the moderate tire noise.

I was just curious if there are others experienceing less MPG with the H727's but, it's not a huge concern!
I have the Assurance Comfort Treads(pre Touring) on my wife Lexus and although they are a nice tire, they're neither good nor bad for MPG. The G/Y Integrity's that were OE did a little better as-far-as MPG but, not alot and overall, they sucked!

Lot's of complaints on the MPG with the G/Y ACT's from the customer reviews that I have read but we like'em for on the Lexus. I went to price the Hankook Optimo H727 for the Lexus and they don't come in it's size.

If I wanted strictely MPG, I would have purchaced ECO tires but, they're only so-so in foul weather and not so great in the snow/ice. I want a tire that is(no pun), well rounded in all areas tested.

There are even regular all season tiers that show low rolling resistance(might help with MPG) but, most of these tires scored lower in areas that I find "MOST" important.

Right. The regular GACT's are not great for mpg,but I've got the best mpg of any tire on the GACT Tourings. Stiffer and more noise than the CT's but good handling and mpg. I'm going back to the regular CTs next time. I prefer the quieter,more comfortable ride,vs. the Tourings.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Cooper CS4 is the only tire you need

These tires only get midpack reviews and test ratings. When they first came to market, people were all over them and the reviews were mixed at best. If the customer reviews were just a bit more consistant on the side of better, I'd be all over them too! They'd be fine if there wasn't any competition in their respective catigory such as Pirelli, Yokohama, Kumho, Hankook. All for about the same price, give or take a few bucks per/tire.

But too, I don't own them(CS4's) so I can't speek for them. I/we do have the tire competition on our family of vehicles that were higher rated and no more exspensive.

I lean more to the side of customer reviews than test reviews but I do like the test reviews/ratings as a guide.

I could have spent $540 for a set of H727 tires for our Durango, but I was able to get the older H724 model for $396 a set instead. Very happy with these. I fully intend to buy P225/70R14 Hankook H725 Mileage Plus tires for my Torino. These will get me closer to the HR78-14 size it should have and will be WAY better than the Wal-Mart spec Douglas tires on there now...

...which were recalled a while back

...and no one is willing to honor it even at half tread

...even if I had a receipt

...and I'm never buying tires from a Wal-Mart because of it!

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
CS4 are good for Camry/Accord type vehicles. Ask me how I know.

OK, I can't stand it anymore. Please do tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back