Will this grease work for my application(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading about the Schaeffer's line of grease. Would this be a good grease to use in my '97 Tahoe to lube up the chassis, U-joints, ball joints etc...? Mainly been reading about the #221 and #274. Since I am in IA where it can be -20 in the winter to 100 in the summber I think the #274 would work best since it has a bigger temp range to use year round.

Also would this work for a boat trailer? My dad bought a new boat and was wondering if it would work for both a car and boat trailer. We also have a snowmobile trailer which could also be used possibly?

Since I am not sure of any local dealers who sell schaffer's I may just call this outdoor power equipment and tell Tim this site referred me to him. Would he be able to sell maybe 1 to just 5 tubes or do they only sell in packs of say 12 or so?

Also what is a good grease gun to get (at a local store like Wal-Mart or O'Reilleys)? Thanks

I have made several purchases from Mills. Never talked to Tim, but whoever answered the phone took the order and was very helpful. There seems to be no minimum order, but of course the more you order the better the shipping rates are. They charge only what it costs to ship -- no mark-up. My first order was three tubes of #221, so go fo it. Great stuff.
Terry

I ordered three tubes of the #274 from Mills this morning. Came out to be $3.50 per tube. Now I just need to find a gun for it.

I switched to useing a grease called Aqua-Lube which is Aqua Blue in Colour about 5 years ago in all the Front ends of my Vehicles. They are 2 Older Cadillacs and an 72 GMC P/U. This grease works so well in all conditions I am amazed with the Product. It never leaves the Balljoints or Tierods and nothing ever wears out. We have also used it on wheelbearings on 2 Ton trailors and found extrmrly good results. Around $10. a Tube in Canada but more then worth it. This product is originally made for Boat Props and all under water parts. It does more then that I can tell you.
canada.gif

I bought my gun at Wal-Mart. Make sure you get a felxable hose/nozzel so you can get those hard to reach zerks.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
get a felxable hose/nozzel so you can get those hard to reach zerks.

My grease gun is from Sears, and I long ago fitted it with a flexible hose. The gun is grip-squeeze operated, not a pump handle. I can hold the end on the fitting with one hand and squeeze with the other. It's probably 25 years old.

The mechanic at work has a battery-operated gun. I think it's from Lincoln. He likes it. Also, though, it's been broken and welded back together.

I also have a discount-store air-operated gun, but I never use it.

[ May 26, 2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: dkcase ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back