MMO: is 4-oz per 10-gal too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that 4 ounces is recommended, but is it really necessary? Could 2-oz per 10-gal of gas be just as effective? What do you guys use on a regular basis?

With adds I always stick with the fact that less is more. Safer and better that way, IMO, particularly because we are really talking about tiny increments of improvement over nothing - its not like there are huge benefits to gain, especially in the short run.

Ive found that overdosing MMO kills fuel economy. Id play with the ratios as due diligence regardless.

Yep, too much will kill your MPG. I found that out the hard way. I started out using about 6 oz per 10 gallons of gas and it hurt my MPG and seemed to cut back on power a bit. Then I used 2 and 2.5 oz per 10 gallons, it was better but there was no real noticeable improvement in MPG. Power was better and my idle was nice and smooth. I bumped it up to 4 oz per 10 gallons and found that is the best dose to get the most improved power from the increased compression from the UCL properties of MMO, and I get the best MPG at 4 oz to 10 gallons too. I had to try all these different dose amounts over a course of about 2 or 3 months to find the best dose for my truck.

I had an older bottle of mmo and it stated for bulk applications mix 1 quart to 100 gallons, so instead of 4 oz. per 10 gallons it was 3.2 oz. per 10 gallons. I mix mine bulk and use the 1 quart to 100 gallons.

Well a 2 ounce dose is certainly more economical. Less is more? Maybe the folks at MMO are just trying to sell more product?

Experiment to find your sweet spot. I would imagine a 4 cyl engine might need less than a V8, or even a 6. Some of us consider these experiments fun.

On my RAV I started out at 4oz/10-gallons. I'm not done checking, but seems like it has better response using 3oz/10-gallons. I have only used the 3oz dose though for a few tanks.
Seems like a oxy-moron saying "better response" when it comes to a little Toyota 4-cylinder.
Later I'll try a 2oz/10-gallon dose, then after about a half dozen tanks I should be able to determine what dose I'll stick with.

I started using a little MMO in one of my motorcycles (Harley). Might be just me, but it seems a little smoother on the highway. That don't seem right either (smoother) from an older built up Harley.

Originally Posted By: Errtt

Seems like a oxy-moron saying "better response" when it comes to a little Toyota 4-cylinder.

In my experience I've noticed things that affect - positively or negatively - responsiveness in own 4 cylinder. Its almost like the weight of the car changes; after the first cleaning it felt like a peppy little sedan; after the effect of the cleaning has worn off and some time has passed for enough deposits to have accumulated, the 'peppiness' begins to disappear and it starts to feel like the same small 4 cylinder is pulling a heavier car.

Its most noticeable when accelerating normally from a dead stop. Next to that is when accelerating up an on ramp. When changing speed at highway or moving between city lanes it isn't as noticeable.

Its not major - but its definitely there.

-Spyder

Last edited:
Guys,,read the bottle,,no hair splitting,,,4oz to 10 gal. of gas. I used it for years and years,,,I use it in the oil only now. In the gas i use 2 cycle oil with tcw3, works the same way and lots of data in here to prove it. Only one(1) oz of 2 cycle oil to 5 gallons of gas,like 500 or 600 to 1 ratio,,,been doing this for at least 50k miles now,,all is well,sparkplugs clean, and my fuel pump is silent, starts well, gas mileage went up 1.5mpg, it cleans and etc,,works for me IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back