Can somebody explain the Rotella T stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just marketing stuff, T6 = full synthetic, T5 = semi synthetic, the other stuff is dino.
The only anomaly is T5 0W40 which is a full synthetic, but I don't think you'll find it in your neck of the woods...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Its just marketing stuff, T6 = full synthetic, T5 = semi synthetic, the other stuff is dino.
The only anomaly is T5 0W40 which is a full synthetic, but I don't think you'll find it in your neck of the woods...

The T5 0w40 I have is semi-synthetic.

Originally Posted By: D189379

Interesting-if that's the case, that's the first 0W I've ever heard of that was NOT a full synthetic-maybe Johnny has some insight on this??

Originally Posted By: D-Roc

Probably old stock:
Current offerings of T5 0W40 are full syn:
http://www-static.shell.com/static/can-en/downloads/shell_for_businesses/oils_lubricants/1-15.pdf

Ahhh, thats probably true. It definitely says semi-syn technology or something like that on the label.

T5 0W-40, AFAIK, is only in Canada.

It's at all our 'Canadian Tire' stores up here, in 4L jugs.

Originally Posted By: D-Roc

Probably old stock:
Current offerings of T5 0W40 are full syn:
http://www-static.shell.com/static/can-en/downloads/shell_for_businesses/oils_lubricants/1-15.pdf

Ahhh, thats probably true. It definitely says semi-syn technology or something like that on the label.

Weird...I saw some 0W40 RTS in my neck of the woods today and it was semi syn...in the new packaging. Odd, pdf says full, and we are finding syn....
21.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back