whice one should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a large quainity of pennzoil 707L grease and 303 lithium based grease i want to lube my tie rods and u joints in my new chevy trucks whice one of these should i use or can i even use this grease for this applacation thanks

I checked the data sheet.The 707L is GCLB(Wheel bearings and chassis) with a lithium complex thickener.The 303 was designed primarily for chassis lubrication of tractor farm and earthmoving equipment,and wheel bearings in wheels with regular drum brakes and has a lithium 12 OH thickener.
If it were me it would be a toss up,but I would put some in the palm of my hand with a little bit of water and see if I could get it to mix and use the one that shows the most resistance to water. Although I would probably prefer a a moly type greas for the ball joints. IMO

quote:

Originally posted by RB Shannon:
I checked the data sheet.The 707L is GCLB(Wheel bearings and chassis) with a lithium complex thickener.The 303 was designed primarily for chassis lubrication of tractor farm and earthmoving equipment,and wheel bearings in wheels with regular drum brakes and has a lithium 12 OH thickener.
If it were me it would be a toss up,but I would put some in the palm of my hand with a little bit of water and see if I could get it to mix and use the one that shows the most resistance to water. Although I would probably prefer a a moly type greas for the ball joints. IMO

quote:

Originally posted by RB Shannon:

if you had to choose one grease to lube ball joints u joints and tie rods whice one would it be?

The mere fact that the 303 is recomended for earth moving equipment would imply a higher degree of tac to me to keep it in place, but without actually having the grease to check with water I would choose the 707L because of the GCLB rating
Thats my final answer
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back