yokohoma geolander?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 03 f150 fx4, 17 " wheels, looking for a good not too expensive tire, good for moderate snow, anyone have an opinion on geolander tire?

I've got a set of Bridgestone Dueler RVT that I got at Wal-Mart and I'm impressed. Very good in snow, pretty quiet, good ride (1/2 4x4 truck), Good warranty (50k) and priced well. (I got them for $124 each but they are now $119)

Just put them on a few months ago so no idea about how long they will last.

Performance off road in the rocks and mud is great unless you get into clay then they self clean fairly well for a street tire. Very few tires I've seen work well in clay and the street.

I had a set of the Yokohoma Geolandar H/T-S on my work truck (07 Toyota Tundra 4x4) and they were spent within 40k and I really did not like their performance most of the time. Terrible in any type of mud and snow was okay.

Bill

I'm considering Geolandars too. From what I can gather from reading a ton of reviews online the treadwear is not very good but they are quiet. Looks to me like there are other better choices out there in the same price range. I think the best thing to do is buy from a tire store that has a 30-day ride quality and customer satisfaction guarantee. That way if you don't like the tires you can exchange them for a different brand.

I had the geo ats for a while, sold the wheels so no idea on wear. awesome tire in snow though and quiet to boot.

Only Yokohamas I've had were on my car, so can't comment on them for a truck.

I've got BFG All-Terrain TAs - great off road, good in moderate snow, but a little noisy as a daily commuter tire. 10K miles and they're wearing well...figure I'll get 50K or so.

I've had great luck with Bridgestone Duelers and the Dueler AT is a great tire...but pricey...

Best advice is to surf www.tirerack.com and look at the feedback. You can filter by brand, even type of truck.

I have a set on my f-150, they are better than the stock michelins that it came with i seem to have to keep getting mine rebalanced so next time i may look into the cooper atr's or the falken rocky mountain ats. if not for the hasle of rebalancing every 9000 miles I would stick with them. Mine are quiet

Have you looked at the equivalent model Kumho tire? I have only run Kumho tires over the last few years and they have done quiet well in terms of value, wear, noise, balance, and capability. I have not tried their all terrain tire but their highway all season has incredible wet traction and cornering stability.

Our Subie came on Geolanders, and they are wearing well at 24K.
Quiet, smooth on the highway, even in the 55 profile the Forester came on, and good in snow and rain.
You'd never know it by looking at the tread pattern, but these seem to be good tires for general use, including snow and ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back