Grease Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
patriot.gif
I have been looking for a quality multi-purpose grease to use on my trucks and cars year round here in Alaska. For the past 20 years or so I have used Lubriplate N0.1200-2 with no problems. However, I think there are better greases available today. I have seen several recommendations for the Schaeffer 274 # 2. Other greases I am considering are Mobil 1 Synthetic and Exxon Infinitec. Any comments on how the Schaeffer 274 compares with these products??

Any other recommendations for a "Use on everything grease".
cheers.gif

The #274 by Schaeffer's is comparable to the others, but has a better price/performance ratio.

However, living in Alaska, I think I would use the #1 grease.

I like the M1 Synthetic alot and also Amsoil's Racing Grease which is what I believe is their top-of-the-line grease.

quote:

Originally posted by par:
Is the 274 Moly fortified?

Yes
http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/274.html

Question for somone who knows Schaefer products. Which is the best Schaefer's chassis grease for ball joints, rod ends and misc places you might want to dab a bit of grease?

238 looks impressive, a downside for some is that it isn't recommended for wheel bearings, but that isn't a problem for my two cars since they have expensive throw away wheel bearings
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
I asked this too ...

Thanks for the reminder that it was asked before. I did a search for Schaeffer 238 in the grease forum and found several good posts.

238 looks ideal for my Northern California climate in ball joints and tie rod ends.

I use #221 in our farm machinery and really think highly of it,it stays where you put it.If I lived in a warmer climate I would use the #238 and like Molecule said in the cold the #274 NLGI 1 would be a better choice.I thought about using the #274 but I prefer the heavier base oil visc. of #221 for pins in the loader arms and PTO's and the wheel bearings in the machinery is slow turning.

I use the Schaeffer's 238#2 on my tractor grease points, PTO u-joints and steering knuckles on my F-150. This stuff is great.

Bob talked me to try it and I have not been disappointed.

Fewer PTO u-joint regreases, it does not wash out or emulsify in the rain or drip out in the heat.

Try calling Tim get his recommendation and buy a tube.

Once you try it you won't go back to Lithium Complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back