Shell V-Power fuel cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read other posts on here about this stuff. Some people are not impressed by the MSDS, but I'm not sure if reading a safety sheet is really a fair evaluation of a product.

Anyway, I picked up a couple of bottles at BigLots for $2 a bottle, therefore not really a waste of money if it works at all.

I guess my real question is, How good or bad is it, and is there any hard evidence that products containing PEA are the only products that actually work? It just seems strange that if it is public knowledge that PEA is the only things that work, more companies would sell it, or develop something that works just as well.

Anyway, people always rave about SOPUS products, so could this stuff really be all that bad?

Last edited:
I don't know quite how to answer your question, but public knowledge doesn't equate to common knowledge, and many people will simply and needlessly buy a product because of the name or purported effects of said product.

Last edited:
I've found the same deal at Big Lots. I've used it and I have to honestly say, I wasn't impressed. And I do like the quality of SOPUS products. However, I did some reading around on this site and Gumout Regane (SOPUS Product) does have PEA in it according to what I've read. I recently tried Redline SL1 and did notice a difference in acceleration on my old pickup and from what I gathered Redline, Techron and Gumout Regane all have PEA. I have Gumout Regane on the list to try next to see what happens. That's not to say that it won't work, but I'm curious to see what sort of changes/improvements you see.

The bottles of V-Power I have list PEA as being among the ingredients.
How much, I don't know.
I always buy fuel injector cleaners either BOGO or cheap after MIR.
I only buy products that list amines as part of their content.
PEA works, and leaves no residue.

Originally Posted By: jackson
...Then again, maybe there's a reason it's at Big Lots.

What I was thinking, too.

If something doesn't sell well, of if someone is clearing out their warehouse, it ends up at biglots.

Not enough marketing for Vpower additive for everyone to want to go out and buy it. Gumout, Techron, and cheap bottles of relabeled kerosene... are the big sellers.

I don't think that Vpower fuel cleaners were ever pushed much if at all. I know they pushed the gasoline branding with a ton of advertising. That gasoline marketing just didn't carry over to their FI cleaner.

However good/bad it is, there is *None* at our closest Big Lots store. Saved again!
grin.gif

Stopped by my friendly neighborhood Big Lots store last week and picked up the last remaining four bottles of Shell's fuel cleaner for two-fifty each.
That should last me for a couple of years.
Haven't noticed any breath taking changes in performace yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back