AMSOIL Grease question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tube of the AMSOIL GWR water resistant grease in my grease gun. I have noticed that since it has been hanging in my shed there is a puddle of liquid below it. Looking at the grease gun there is drops of liquid coming off the bottom of the grease gun.

OK what the heck is this all about? This can't be a good thing can it? For one what does that mean when I use it in my boat bearings? Does it do the same thing inside the bearings? What is seperating from the grease? Do all the AMSOIL's grease's do this? The tube in the gun is about a year old.

Thanks for any and all help.

Rat,

Think of your grease in the cartridge as a sponge filled with heavy oil. Now hang that on the wall with the pressure on it and it will eventually leak out the bottom. You have to take the pressure off of the grease gun when not in use, pain I know, but that is the only way to stop it. And All brands of grease will do this, not just Amsoil. I have some Schaeffer's in one of my grease guns and it did it when I forgot to take the pressure off.
Take a couple dabs of the Amsoil grease and smear it on your palm. Then add a few drops of water. Now rub the water in to the grease. It will not turn milky or be absorbed by this grease, it is very waterproof.

dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back