Outdoor Power Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great site!
What type grease would you recommend for spindles, axles and mower deck rollers on riding tractors.
Something that lasts more then a month.
Seems like I grease these tractors and there dry in a couple weeks.
I think the Mobil 1 synthetic that I'm using washes out in the damp conditions?

Any ideas?

Down here in Florida, we have a lot of lawn business. All of them have the same problem as you with the water issues in grease. Your best option is to use an aluminum complex grease as it is water proof. Because of all the dirt intrusion as well, the speed of the bearing and such, I sell a lot of the schaeffers grease which helps eliminate all of those problems.

So, my recomendation is in your case the schaeffers 221 #2 grease.
http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/221.html

If you decide to try it, you can call Tim at 800-737-1747 and order any amount of tubes you want sent directly to you. cost is around 3. or less. I know you'll find it to do what you want.

Hey Roadking

Bob Knows Grease. He got me to try some Schaeffer's Aluminum Complex. I'll never go back to any of the Lithium based greases now.

My 6 foot Woods mower calls for the PTO U-joints to be greased every 8 hours. However, the recommended lithium complex would fling out of the joints and melt in the rain very easily.

So every time I used the mower or if I had continious operations of more than 4 hours I had to disassemby the shields and regrease. No longer the Schaeffer's really stays where its put.

The same goes for my slow speed pivot joints on the tractor.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Is the Schaeffers 221 compatible with synthetic Mobil 1 or a Lubrimatic LMX (red grease)?
We've been using both of the greases on the tractors and trucks.

I'm trying to establish some uniformity and consistency in what grease is used on different equipment.
It's a lot like trying to teach a cat to sit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back