Klueber Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with Klueber Barrierta L55/2 grease. I need to know how this grease compares to Molykote HP870 especially in regards to weld load, wear scar test and temperature resistance.

corrine,

The only way to get that data would be from them. I did a little research and didn't find any technical nore msds sheets available except base oil and service temp range. Nothing of any real value.

I've heard nothing bad other than being pricey. I personally have no experience with their grease.

Is there any particlular application that you're wanting to use their stuff on, and have you looked at any others that may do as well or better?

quote:

Originally posted by BOBISTHEOILGUY:
corrine,

The only way to get that data would be from them. I did a little research and didn't find any technical nore msds sheets available except base oil and service temp range. Nothing of any real value.

I've heard nothing bad other than being pricey. I personally have no experience with their grease.

Is there any particlular application that you're wanting to use their stuff on, and have you looked at any others that may do as well or better?

Hi,
Klueber seems to beat them all. It has got the widest temperature range and highest wear load. We need to use this grease in a glassfiber insulation material curing oven (drive bearing) which heats up to 265 deg.C.
The closest equivalent to this grease seems to be Dow Corning's Molycote HP870, which is not much cheaper and works only up to 250 deg. C. Wear load is also reduced.
I am looking to find a grease which will be serviceable until at least 260 deg. C.

quote:

Originally posted by corinne2:
--**--
I am looking to find a grease which will be serviceable until at least 260 deg. C.

Make sure that they quote you the right TEMP.
They can quote you the average, or the High, or the Minimum temp... ask them which it is on their spec sheets.

We are running with Klueber since 13 years without any problem. It is the Mercedes Benz amongst greases. It is an outstanding grease with the only disadvantage being the high cost. I start to think that it deserves to be expensive. If you have any other similar greases please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back