Patman..ordered my Schaeffers grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dealer you pointed me to seems to be on the ball...prices are reasonable also...ordered a tube of the 221 and 238 greases.Thanks!

Greaser

Glad to see you are getting the Schaeffer's grease. I have had very good experiences with all the Schaeffer's products.

The grease really surprised me. It has extended my farm equipment re-grease intervals by 100% and could probably go further.

If you want a demo on the difference between your old grease and the Schaeffer's try this little experiment.

Place a small amount of your old grease in the palm of your hand and work it while directing a small stream of water onto it. Then do the same with the Schaeffer's. Oh by the way a little lithium grease will help getting the Schaeffer's off your palm. Guess its the soap base.

I'll try that test when I get the grease...I'm just wondering...I've been using Mobil grease all along...will the Schaeffers mix with that grease allright...I don't really have a choice here...can't purge ball joints and chassis lube areas anyways...we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the links guy...90% of my customers drive 4x4's(local club up here) and water and low speed load are of a concern.I have them come every six months for a check up and found that the Mobil grease was depleted quickly...some of the Chev Blazer's zerks are extremly hard to get to and the other mechanics that these people were going to ommitted them in their service scheldule(rubber boots were empty)...I have various couplers that can get to them so they ALL get done...the Jeeps zerk's are easy to get to..I am going to mix my greasing schedule with one shot of 238 and them six months later a shot of 221 just to keep them water proof...mixing greases
gr_eek2.gif
...I wnder if anybody is doing that on this board...anywho,if the Schaeffers is everything you guys say it is then I'll order more...the other greases weren't doing the job..IMO.

Greaser, Just use the 221 and no need to mix with the 238. It's not worth the time or hassle to go through all that. The 221 will stay put, and as the 238, is also totally waterproof. You will not see any appreciable difference between either one over the other.

I like the graphite and moly solids in the 238 as compared to the 221...to me a mix would give me the harder working complex of the 238 mixed with the better flow of the 221...it's makes me feel better if anything
gr_stretch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back