Just wondering if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schaeffer's 221#2 grease is synthetic or not. I might have missed it as I did not see that info on it.

I just filled up my trucks ball joints and other fittings, man this stuff really sticks! My joints,rod ends ect. should now last forever!
grin.gif

It's an aluminum complex with 100%paraffin base stock,It's great,I use it in the farm equiptment and on the vehicles.The stuff sticks to anything it touches.
grin.gif

I knid of new to this stuff and not really sure what that means, RB Shannon. Does that mean it is Synthetic and is Synthetic better then regular grease? Thanks!

Here is a good grease primer that was posted by Bob last year 4 posts down What is fiber length It's not synthetic but solvent refined severely hydrofinished base stock.Aluminum complex refers to the thickener used to hold the oil,sort of like a sponge.A lithium complex is a fairly good thickener but it won't hold up to water as well no matter what the label says.Most food grade greases are aluminum complex for this very reason,to hold up to extreme operating conditions and severe water washout.IMHO there is no real advantage in using a sythetic oil over a petro oil in grease unless dealing with high operating temps as in an industrial environment which might help with oxidation of the base oil.IMO it's one of the finest greases made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back