White Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think white grease is a generic term for lithium complex with no additives. My cars door hinges and striker plates call for white grease. They get Schaeffer's Aluminum complex because that what in my grease gun.

Neil, I just bought a can of white grease, and it does indeed say white lithium grease on the label.

It's in a spray can with some sort of carrier solvent. The carrier evaporates really fast, leaving a coating of grease behind.

I used to always use that white spray lithium grease on car door hinges and striker plates. It is pretty good for the application. But what I like using a lot more now is Break Free. It's pretty popular stuff in the world of guns. That's how I learned about. If you can't find it at your local Wally World, try a store that carries firearms.

A classic use of white grease is inside the door panels on all the moving door lock and window regular linkages. If you ever have trouble with your door locks and windows, take off the door panels and apply the white grease to the movable metal parts that contact one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back