Suspension grease: Schaeffers question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need 3 types of greases for my suspension, please let me know if what I'm doing is correct:

1. Coilover sleeves: I need a dry lubricant that is waterproof, does not attract/hold dust, and will keep the sleeves from rusting and seizing. I was recommended #308 Moly Dri-Plate. Is that the best lubricant to use?

2. Polyurethane bushings: I need a grease that is long-lasting, waterproof, does not attract/hold dust, and will not cause the bushings to squeak. Bob recommended 221 #2 Schaeffers Grease, so I trust that it's the best out there.

3. Rubber Dust Boots: These go over the strut shaft, are made out of soft mouldable rubber, and will be in constant motion. I need a rubber protectant that will protect the rubber from drying and cracking, and it should be waterproof. I have no idea what to use, what would be the best product for this?

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

I'm very happy so far with the #221 on my poly control arm bushings.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ferrari:
3. Rubber Dust Boots: These go over the strut shaft, are made out of soft mouldable rubber, and will be in constant motion. I need a rubber protectant that will protect the rubber from drying and cracking, and it should be waterproof. I have no idea what to use, what would be the best product for this?
Thanks for the help/suggestions.

I noted there was never any response to this question so I'm bringing it back up to see if anyone has some suggestions for the rubber dust boots.

Cressida, I used Amsoil silicone spray on the rubber dustboots, and Amsoil HD Metal Protector on the coilover sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back