Pennzoil Marine Synthetic Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever use this stuff?

It has a white cap on top and is slated to be 100% synthetic.

I'm wondering if I should use that instead of the Redline (w/ the red cap).

I checked it at WalMart today and was unimpressed. It states on the label that it is a lithium complex grease and that it is water "resistant" white grease. Probably food grade in a new package. If I can't get some Shaeffer's I'm going for the Coastal grease.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyG:
If I can't get some Shaeffer's I'm going for the Coastal grease.

No reason you can't. Just call Tim at (800) 737-1747 and he'll send what ever you want.

[ February 23, 2003, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Well I assure you, it's not rebranded food grade grease. It is a very good grease for marine use where everything will come in contact with water.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Well I assure you, it's not rebranded food grade grease. It is a very good grease for marine use where everything will come in contact with water.

I agree Johnny. I actually just picked up a new three pack of the smaller tubes today at Walmart. -Joe

Sorry, I took another look at the Penzoil grease today at WalMart, says lithium complex right on the lable. I don't know where that "food grade" comment came from! Just trying to get a response I suppose. Any comments on the "Lubriplate" brand of Aluminum Complex grease? They are not rated Marine grade but should be rather waterproof, with good antiwear thickeners. Would they be useful in marine environments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back