Good Grease type forcat trailer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought those boat trailer thingies so I could really provide my car trailer with
Plenty-O-Grease. What would your recomendations be? First grease to go in was Valvoline Semi-Synthetic. Good? Bad? Indifferent?
Thanks!

HInk
confused.gif

Boat trailer thingies = additional grease holding containers you replace the caps with. These thingies are spring loaded to keep continual grease/pressure on the wheel bearing. They also hold a few ounces of extra grease. Do this make sense? Actually they are made for boat trailers to keep the water out of the bearings. I use them for an increased grease holding device

By the way... it's not a cat trailer... it's a
car trailer.

quote:

Originally posted by 68redlines73:
The Valvoline DuraBlend product is most likely an excellent product, especially for a straightforward application like the wheel bearings of a car trailer. Check this list for other NLGI GC-LB options that would also serve you well:

http://www.nlgi.org/certification_list.htm

This info is ok for a standard automotive application but bear in mind that trailers are designed to carry heavier loads and some would benefit from an extreme pressure grease that normally is not recommended by nlgi for automotive use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back