Penske Racing 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who like Roger Penske.

penskeindy.jpg

penskenascar.jpg

Penske Racing is a class act although I cannot stomach Kurt Busch. Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI based department store) just signed on as an associate sponsor but I believe this for his IRL teams.

Well, not a Kurt fan...but my favorite driver is out of NASCAR and I like SOPUS...so I guess I can root for the sponsor these days.

So if the lower one is the "Car of the Future", what's the upper one? "Car of the Past"?

I used to go to the CART (Indy) races when they used to come to Vancouver in the early 1990's. Always a lot of fun. Too bad they got so wrapped up in the politics that they lost the plot on the product.

I'm an F1 fan and used to really like CART when various chassis and engine manufacturers were filling the field. One thing they definitely got right is the look of the new cars.
Absolutely incredible looking & what an open-wheeled racecar should look like (IMO.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
That Penske Indy ride will look even better in 2012 when that Honda sticka gets replaced with Chevy.

Yeah, I read in Autoweek that's in the works with Chevy.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
That Penske Indy ride will look even better in 2012 when that Honda sticka gets replaced with Chevy.

^^^^^^^^^YUP, x1000!!!!
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif
34.gif
grin2.gif

(I will probably even start watching that series once again.
wink.gif
)

Sort of the same deal Pennzoil had with Penske back in the 80's, except it did not involve world wide sales and Penske was not in NASCAR at that time. But the old Pennzoil did have some dealer business and the truck rental business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back