Grease Shootout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an impartial full-on grease evaluation anywhere???
dunno.gif

Thanks!

Pablo

I too have switched to Schaeffers Supreme Grease. I don't know anything about cost studies. What I do know is that I do not have to regrease my Power Take-off U-joints every 4 hours using the Schaeffers. A real time saver when you have to partially disassembly a PTO shield to get at the u-joints.

I think if you want to try just a tube or two look for Tim on the Schaeffers order page.

Dont forget Militec-1 and Redline CV-2, both NLGI Grade #2. Also Militec-1 grease has a U.S Defense Logistics Agency National Stock No (9150-010-382-8508). And for Mr. Moly (Patman) yes the CV-2 has Red Moly!
s

I looked up Royal Purple grease and posted a couple threads ago the 100 lb Timken test rating. A test would be great to see.
smile.gif

Thanks guys. Thanks for the recommendations, but what I'm looking for is a serious INDEPENDENT evalauation of maybe 5 greases. Real life and lab tests. Double blind, the whole bit...!

I think Amsoil Series 2000 is great grease based on two years of use from Formula SAE to my Volvos....but I want to see a real test.
grin.gif

Sprintman, i bought some Redline CV-2 this past weekend. Perhaps it was old stock but it said it was "BLACK" moly and Calcium was the "carrier". fyi....
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back