Bob- Schaeffer Grease in Mini-tubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd ask here: Does Schaeffer sell any of their greases(suitable for chassis &/or brgs)in the small mini-tubes, to fit those handy little one-handed grease guns?
confused.gif
I bought a couple of std. size tubes last time in Texarkana, they had no mini tubes.

David, thanks for the answer. Tell 'em they should start selling their more popular grease(s) in mini tubes, those little one-handed grease guns are mighty handy to use for the small stuff.

FWIW,

I always end up taking a paint stirring stick and loading my grease gun by hand. Why?

The rubber plungers always gets hung-up in the cardboard tubes and the sharp metal end cuts them. This has happend in three of my grease guns, so hand loading has been my practice.

Careful MoleKule. The makeup of some paint stir sticks could adversely affect your results. Specifically, pineus fragmentabilis or birchus chunkation, if allowed to penetrate the dermis, can result in painful sliveritis dangitalums.
nono.gif
wink.gif

A mentor years ago complained about jamming cardboard tubes. He hated them. Before retiring he always had access to the big grease drums at work that made refilling a breeze. Guess I've been lucky so far. Jams have been so minor and infrequent it hasn't been worth alternate fill methods.

David

My old standard size grease gun doesn't seem to have any real problems, though it's now 15 or 20 years old. When I loaded it w/Schaeffer's #221 grease last Friday, I looked for a manufacturer's name on it, & found this: 3-Way Lever Gun ; Petroleum Products ; Omaha, Nebraska. Is anyone familiar with this company?

And yes, you really have to be careful about getting wood cooties mixed in with your grease cooties!
grin.gif
Gotta use those plastic paint paddles!

Thanks OneQuart, that was awesome!
grin.gif

Never had a paint stick break or splinter since I use dense cellulose Carya ovata sticks.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back