Seafoam Teardown ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone ever recall a thread or 2 where someone has actually done a before/after Seafoam run through and a teardown to see the results vs....just smoke bragging rights ?

Plenty of Seafoam threads...just can't recall if anyone has ever done a true before/after...

I dont remember where I saw this, IIRC a honda forum, but I remember one guy take pictures of his rods after he seafoamed his car, and one of them was slightly bent

I have read quite a bit of the older seafoam threads if not tons of youtube merits on the product.

Granted, I did pick some up to use as a fuel stabilizer. I guess anything as a stabilizer in better than nothing in this ethanol age we live in...for OPE.

But the whole smokescreen show, the magic elixir that cures all, yes many have reported at least better smoothness/running engines. I'm just curious when all said and done, on the magic elixir that cures all ails, go figure but I would think there would be a thread on two showing before and after pics instead of ......yeap, seafoamed smoked the whole neigborhood out, and someone called the local fire department on me ;-)

If I wanted to create a smokeshow I'd buy a car with a blown head gasket, fill the oil and coolant up to full, and take a drive. I know Seafoam has great placebo effects but I'm curious to know how much carbon can be removed with Seafoam versus just pouring water in...

I saw some before and after pictures someone took with a video borescope. It cleaned a little, but other products might have done the same thing in such high concentrations. I have seen cleaner pistons on a vehicle with a blown head gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back