PF 46e leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Z06 Autox & HPDE

Been using PF46 until the last oil chg. Dealer only had PF46e and claimed it was just as good.

Never had seepage with the PF46's

This one has some seepage & a few drips after each event.

Thinking of going to a napa/wix gold, supposed to be very rugged & good flow/filtration.

Has anyone else had trouble with the pf46e & seepage?

Thanks.

Oil is RL 5w 30, I used to use M1 10w 30 but I did not like when the zddp was lowered & RL tech support said I did not need the heavier wgt. Uses a little more oil with RL 5w 30, but I am fine with that. Maybe a qt every 3-4 months / 2000 miles. Little lower oil temp & a little higher pressure with 5w 30.

Ever try the AC Delco UPF44? Seems like a lot of the Corvette guys think it's the best choice for that engine.

Originally Posted By: NEOhio_Bob
Ever try the AC Delco UPF44? Seems like a lot of the Corvette guys think it's the best choice for that engine.

Everyone keeps saying that the UPFs are still available, but yet I have never seen one for sale anywhere for the last 6 years!! (I used them when I first bought this car in '00.)

So now I just stick with Amsoil EaOs, Wix/Napa Golds, or K&N Golds.

I am doing my winter change tomorrow with RL 5W-30 and a Wix Gold (we'll see if that is any quieter than the Eao64 I have on the LS1 now
wink.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back