Jimmy Johnson Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmie Johnson has no personality and this is why no one cares. His Crew Chief, Chad Knaus, is also VERY ARROGANT. The topper was when at the end of the Homestead Race, he held up a notecard to the camera saying "WE WON". What a jerk.

Good luck to NASCAR - no wonder why the ratings are falling like a rock.

Done with it!!

Why would you even consider watching ?

I was not aware that the ratings have fallen so badly... yet remains the seocnd most popular sport next to NFL.

Race track attendence is down maybe 10-15% due to the economy. Viewership is up.

Some killer young drivers will be coming up the ranks into the cup series in the next couple of years, it will be very entertaining.

Last edited:
JJ could end up being one if not the best ever. I personally can't stand the robot but he is pretty good. Too bad JJ and Chad IMO are Nascar "yes men" robots...almost as bad as JG. But congrats....5 is a huge accomplishment.

I'm no big fan of Johnson but I've got to hand it to him and his team. They sure keep their eyes on what needs to be done and they perform when it's on the table. On another note, I think I heard the announcer say that Jeff Gordon's engine failure was the ONLY engine failure that Hendrick's four teams had suffered this year. Incredible.

I am not a JJ fan but you gotta be impressed the quiet domination & raising the bar to levels that have never been reached.

5 in a row is incredible.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
The 48 team says a lot about the lack of consistent competition in the Sprint Cup Series.

---and shows how bad Dale Jr. actually is.

I thought this was going be the year Kyle Busch wins the Cup. At least there would be a champ with a little personality.

The points system needs to be changed to put more emphasis on winning.

I personally would like to see them do away with the chase system. I'm sorry but it's an absolute joke and it puts too much emphasis on the last ten races, making the results from the previous 26 races almost meaningless. The championship winner should be the best performer in ALL 36 races, not the best performer of the top 12 drivers in the last ten races. I've been following NASCAR for over 25 years and I think that I'll be watching fewer Cup races next season.

Originally Posted By: mercuryblues
I think that I'll be watching fewer Cup races next season.

Same here, but more so because it will probably be the year that one of the 'enemy' teams/drivers (I cannot say any more for fear of being banned for mentioning one of the protected/sacred auto manufacturers on this here site
whistle.gif
) win the whole thing.
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back