Anyone have an '08-'11 Civic and use Rhino Ramps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am debating whether to get a good jack set or Rhino Ramps to service my "fleet" of cars in my signature. The 2010 Civic I have is extremely low to the ground and was wondering if anyone has experience with the Rhino 8000's? Will the civic make it or should i just get a set of jack's?

Thanks for the help!

The way I use my Rhino Ramps since my car is VERY low to the ground:

I put boards against my front tires,then bricks in front of the boards,then the ramps. This gradually builds the height that I need so the lower lip of my car`s facia won`t scrape the ramps.

Last edited:
Just use a proper floor jack, jack stands and wheel clocks. It is a safer method of lifting the vehicle.

I bought a set of steel '2 stage detachable' low profile ramps from Griot's Garage about 15 years ago for my Corvette, lowered 5.0 Mustang and they also work great for my 2007 Civic. I checked their website and they no longer sell them. With both stages attached I can drive the car onto them and have no trouble swapping long tube headers with the amount of clearance they provide.

I would rather do oil changes on ramps than jack stands.... seems like too much work for a simple oil change.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I bought a set of steel '2 stage detachable' low profile ramps from Griot's Garage about 15 years ago for my Corvette, lowered 5.0 Mustang and they also work great for my 2007 Civic. I checked their website and they no longer sell them. With both stages attached I can drive the car onto them and have no trouble swapping long tube headers with the amount of clearance they provide.

I would rather do oil changes on ramps than jack stands.... seems like too much work for a simple oil change.

Thanx for checking man, I just might have to get the jack set.

Really?

It takes me 2 minutes, if not less to lift the front end of the car. Also, whenever you change the oil, you should be removing all of the tires for a rotation and a brake inspection anyway.

You remove the tires and inspect the brakes every oil change ?
confused2.gif
Isn't that over doing it just a little bit.

I checked on Amazon for reviews on the Rhino 8000 ramps and there is an owner of a 2008 Civic that said they worked just fine on his Civic.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Really?

It takes me 2 minutes, if not less to lift the front end of the car. Also, whenever you change the oil, you should be removing all of the tires for a rotation and a brake inspection anyway.

Do you work for a NASCAR pit crew? Two Minutes for a home DIY'er seems pretty amazing.

+1 If I had to jack and jack stand for every oil change I believe my enthusiasm for DIY oil changes would quickly wane. That would be similar to one commenting poster here, recently proclaiming tiring of DIY oil changes.
56.gif

Best purchase I made for DIY OC was the metal Ultra ramps with separate extenders in the 90's for a 96 Accord. Low profile required the extra extenders, which I was reluctant to buy because of the added cost. IIRC, the extenders went on sale at Advance and I grabbed a set, and very glad I did, invaluable with low profile and all vehicles for that matter. Work well on an 01 Civic, and I doubt the recent gen sit any lower. They still sell them online, but they are (now) more expensive including shipping than the rhino ramps. UR6520 (shown below) is the number with the necessary extenders, and they last a long time. They make a heavier ramp, but the model shown has worked great for all the PC uses I've tried. They used to be yellow(mine), black looks better. lol

UR6520.JPG

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Really?

It takes me longer than 2 minutes just to get my jack and stands out. And they aren't in hiding either.

Why would you do brake inspections and rotate tires every oil change? This is not a recommendation I could agree with, because you do not know what each person's OCI is.

I didn't have any issues using 8000 series with an 05 Neon, 07 Fusion, or my current '10 Focus. All were pretty low in front. I would never jack and use stands. I'd make my own our of 2x12s before I'd do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back