anybody run a shot of seafoam every tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put an once or so into my fuel the other day.i can feel a difference in the pep,and it starts quicker now.is it safe to put in a little every tank? or is that some kind of overkill?

No, its safe. And is good for your fuel system. With continued use it will keep your injectors clean as well as break down some of the particles in your fuel filter that may have been restricting fuel flow.

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
An ounce will make absolutely no difference. It's just too diluted. What you're feeling is known as the placebo effect.

i was hoping that was not the cease.but what about the quicker starting?

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
An ounce will make absolutely no difference. It's just too diluted. What you're feeling is known as the placebo effect.

+1

I popped three oz. of Seafoam into about 14 gallons of fuel this past weekend. The Buick does seem a bit easier to start, and my gas mileage has improved a tad -- though that's probably due to not needing to run the A/C every day!

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I popped three oz. of Seafoam into about 14 gallons of fuel this past weekend. The Buick does seem a bit easier to start, and my gas mileage has improved a tad -- though that's probably due to not needing to run the A/C every day!

i`m glad to hear that! at least im not imagining this.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
i was hoping that was not the cease.but what about the quicker starting?

Seafoam has a flash point of 55°F. That's what makes your car start easier... to be blunt.

Originally Posted By: APStore
Seafoam has a flash point of 55 degrees(Fahrenheit). Thats what makes your car start easier... to be blunt.

Cool! Just squirt some into air that's over 55F, and you've got an instant flamethrower. (no, it doesn't have a 55F flash point...)

The easier starting part is ALSO imagination. An ounce of Seafoam in a gas tank won't do *anything* measurable. Except lower the bank account a penny or two.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
My car starts in < 1/2 second. How slow are your cars starting? Anything worse is problematic.

the last car i`v owned that started that quick was my 84 Grand Prix with the 3.8l v-6. some vehicles just dont start like that.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
You probably ARE imagining this, but you have yourself convinced that it's real. Ditto for the admiral.

i dont think all of it is imagination.

Maybe it's not imagination that it starts quicker, but what other factors could be present here that you're not taking into consideration? What else has changed since it last took longer to start? The imagination part is that one ounce of Seafoam is making the difference.

its not like it starts hard,it`s just a normal starting car. except i did notice after i put in some seafoam,that it was maybe a half a revolution quicker. i know this is stupid,but never the less i noticed it.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

i`m glad to hear that! at least im not imagining this.

You probably ARE imagining this, but you have yourself convinced that it's real. Ditto for the admiral.

That's why I said "seem." Believe me, I know how I can convince myself of anything given the flimsiest evidence!

I bought the stuff not so much to use in the fuel, but to try cleaning my PCV valve and tubing in a shot at lessening some little oil burning. Who knows, it might work.

Originally Posted By: seafoam
Can mix up to 2 oz. per gallon of gasoline if necessary. Mixing at less than 2/3 oz. per gallon will impair the effectiveness of Sea Foam.

Originally Posted By: APStore
Seafoam has a flash point of 55°F. Thats what makes your car start easier... to be blunt.

55 degrees? It would be on fire on the shelf at wal-mart!

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

55 degrees? It would be on fire on the shelf at wal-mart!

Hahahaha, you guy`s are something else!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back