Blain's Farm and Fleet now selling Deka batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at my local Blain's Farm and Fleet this morning, and noticed that some of the F&F batteries on the battery rack looked less like Johnson Control batteries and more like Deka batteries... and it was because they ARE Deka batteries.

Asked and it was confirmed that they are phasing out Johnson Control supplied batteries, and are now getting Deka batteries instead.

Blain's Farm and Fleet stores are located in the midwest.

About eight years ago I got a new battery from Blain's. It was their best one, three year replacement. It died shortly after three years.

On a semi-related note, I understand that AAA has dropped Exide as their battery supplier and have gone with Deka also.

Ed

IIRC CarQuest batteris are made by Deka and have served us well so far.

Never really had a bad experience with any battery that was not the cheapest avaiable, though.

Originally Posted By: Kaboomba
Hmmm. Are Deka batteries any good???

The BEST (as far as quick purchase consumer car batteries go) IMHO.

How do the prices compare to CQ?

For example, top of the line F&F Dekas are $76.95 each, exchange.

That's for one with an 84 month warranty, with 36 months free replacement.

NAPA wants $84.95 for their Deka manufactured batteries with the same warranty.

NAPA Legend 75 Month BCI group 49 is very expensive at $249. I think F&F Dekas group 49 is expensive too, probably above $150.

Actually, NAPA has 2 Legend 75 Month BCI group 49 batteries, Part#9849 is $249 and Part#7549 at $114. They also have Legend 84 Month BCI group 49 Part#8449 at $134.

Last edited:
For that price and the 3 years free replacement and 84 months pro-rate I would buy it regardless if it is Deka or Johnson Control. Unfortunately we don't have Blain's Farm and Fleet in So Cal and battery is only available for in-store purchase.

The problem with Car Quest website is they don't list any battery or price, I have to call them to inquire about availability and price. Walmart has Johnson Control group 49 for $77 with 3 years free replacement, no pro-rate. Pep Boys has Bosch made by Exide, Kragen has Exide too, Costco and Sams Club don't have group 49. AutoZone has group 49 but not sure if it is Exide or Johnson Control. If I can not get Deka in OC, I will just buy Johnson Control at Walmart for $77.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Unfortunately we don't have Blain's Farm and Fleet in So Cal and battery is only available for in-store purchase.

I should have noticed your location....

Ooops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back