Clicking noise when turning left while driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyundai Elantra:

When turning left while driving, something clicks numerous times until I straighten my wheels. The weird thing is that it happened all in one day. IN the morning, it was a very silent click; 300 miles later and at night, the click got louder and louder....now it's uncomfortably loud and now it clicks when accelerating. It feels like the CV axle is about to come off or something. It "sounds" like it's on the right side.

I got my CV axles replaced with Re-manufactured CV axle from Advance auto. They only have 5,000 miles on it. I checked the boot and it wasn't cracked and the axle itself was full of grease.

Can a CV axle still fail with a good boot and grease inside? STUPID RE-MAN PARTS.

Last edited:
A good boot and good grease can only protect a good part.

I had a negative experience with remanufactured half shafts once, so I wouldn't be surprised if they failed quickly.

Sounds like a typical CV axle failing, but my friend brought his toyota to me last week with a funky clicking type noise when he turned right, I thought it was the CV joint for sure but turned out to be a shot wheel bearing, pressed a new one in and it was good to go.

I got a reman once from AutoZone, I went out on a test drive first time after installing it and it broke at the CV joint without warning, so don't rule out a bad axle!

YouTube has a good video about putting a vehicle up on a rack, and then lowering it down on supports to get the suspension loaded so the springs are compressed to get the suspension at the same angles it would be at on the road, and also have the tires not touching anything. The the person in the vehicle runs it in gear at road speed while mechanic uses mechanics stethoscope to touch parts. Person also turns steering wheel to get parts at the same angles they would be at to get them to make the noise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back