ethanol is a sham!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does getting gas from corn helpful or saving money when it's no different in price anyways.

I would understand if gas were cheaper because of it. But its not and fuel economy is worse!

E85 is the worse. Sorry if you have those cars. Not only is the gas hard to find but its just as expensive as regular gas.

If corn gas was $1 cheaper, maybe we have something. But what is the point when its STILL the same price as normal gas.

Last edited:
It saves the polar bears!!

13.jpg

laugh.gif
smile.gif
LOL

Not to mention the whole using food as fuel thing, plus the much worse fuel economy, and the destruction of your fuel system and moisture absorption from using ethanol, shorter OCIs, the hassle of not being able to use pipelines to transport it, AND finally the oil companies (around here Marathon/Speedway) that seem to add too much alcohol to the fuel-I honestly can't think of anything good to say about either E10 or E85!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Not when it costs more in carbon than it saves!

Well, the EPA isn't exactly intelligent..:D

Nothing but a huge dupe on everyone...Except the corn farmers. I don't know why it was pushed for so hard by the last administration, and is continued to be pushed by this one.

Not trying to be political, just truth on both sides!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Not to mention the whole using food as fuel thing, plus the much worse fuel economy, and the destruction of your fuel system and moisture absorption from using ethanol, shorter OCIs, the hassle of not being able to use pipelines to transport it, AND finally the oil companies (around here Marathon/Speedway) that seem to add too much alcohol to the fuel-I honestly can't think of anything good to say about either E10 or E85!

I think you're getting a bit dramatic... Either that or you're misinformed. Yes, ethanol will yield a lower fuel mileage, but "much worse"? No. My wife and I have ran it for years and only notice a little drop in economy. You also say that it destroys your fuel system. Again, no, not on any semi modern car/truck. As I said, the wife and I have ran it for many years and hundreds of thousands of miles with no ill effect. Shorter OCI's? Not really much on a healthy car. Moisture absorption? Maybe. But again, not an issue.

In fact here in Iowa, ethanol is .10 cents cheaper than regular. Even though regular will yield better fuel economy, it is more economical for us to run ethanol blended fuels as the lower price offsets the poorer mileage... Not by much mind, but it does.

People talk like ethanol is the Devil (think "Waterboy" the movie). It's not. I will say that it is kinda silly to take food and turn it into fuel. I feel that there are better non edible alternatives that should be pursued instead.

I run E85 the majority of the time. In two years, (about 28k a year) I've used maybe 10 tanks of E10. Fuel mileage is slightly less, performance is much improved, and 85% of what I'm burning is not making any Arab nation richer. That's good enough for me.

Quote:

ethanol is a sham

Yes, Brazilian are fools for creating a sustainable biofuel that they can export to others.

There needs to be a distinction between an idea, and the way that idea is implemented.

Last edited:
Absolutely So. You have no Idea how much of a scam, and how much it takes out of our pockets. I've added a couple of articles Ethanol here and again here It make me really irritated as the so called "president" more like moron says "It will help us by reducing our dependance on foreign oil." But at what costs to US the taxpayer? I included a Stanford University article showing worse health benefits than without it. Another tech site also said the same thing Technocrat Enough is enough.

Originally Posted By: casperfun

If corn gas was $1 cheaper, maybe we have something. But what is the point when its STILL the same price as normal gas.

Around here E85 is $1 cheaper per gallon. E10 is $0.10 cheaper.

Originally Posted By: willix
How many millions of barrels of oil spewed into the gulf?

Where's it now?

According to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hanity the oil was beneficial to marine wildlife. You have heard of fish oil, well now the fish don't need to waste their resources to create their own oil it's already in the water. Using industrial toxic waste to create a three legged chicken is beneficial because it increases food output by 10% for the same chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back