Mobil Ever Said they Pass IVA Test ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a ton of SPC involved with blending. If it doesn't meet spec they rework it, regrade it, relabel it.

I would find a large quantity of sub grade product being released BY ACCIDENT to be unlikely.

That said, it's over now ..
21.gif

I would say that they use their own additives given the fact that XOM is a large chemicals producer and they own a 50% stake in additives company Infineum.

All the guys I work with use Mobil 1 on their good cars, the ones they are going to keep....they all say its the best....I never realized their was so much HATE for M1 until reading through this site....seems like everybody LOVES their Pennzoil on this site, hates M1 and pays liitle attention to Valvoline....although the high end ils get a lot of attention/praise....

Strange....can anybody explain what all these initials on the bottles mean GF4 AIE etc etc and why I should care that M1 doesnt have it but Pennzoil does?

Or why I hould not use M1?

RegDunlop, for most people any synthetic will work, whether it's Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobil or Valvoline. They all make quality products and it is truly difficult to dogmatically assert that one is better than the other for most applications. Mobil is by far the #1 selling synthetic. That doesn't necessarily mean it is the best but how that could possibly mean that it is the worst is absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't say that everybody here hates Mobil because many people here love it and that everybody loves Pennzoil because as a generalization that is far from the truth. Last sales chart that I saw on BITOG for synthetics had in order of sales (1) Mobil, (2) Valvoline, (3) Castrol and (4) Pennzoil.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Who does M1 get its additives from?

Themselves. They are the largest synthetic base stock and additive manufacturer in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back