Sta-Bil dosage thead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the websites FAQ. Basically the question is this. I'm gonna have a vehicle down for a little while. I already added the dose of 5 gal/1 oz Stabil. The website did not mention anything about this dosage. The website just mentions that their X size bottle treats this many gallons. Should I just of went for the heavier dose? The tank is basically filled right now. Should I just dump the rest of the bottle in there to be safe? I believe I bought the 8oz bottle which treats up to 20 gallons.

1 oz per 5 gal is what they call a maintenance dose.
2.5 oz per 5 gal is the normal dose if you're going to keep the fuel for an extended period of time.

At least that's what my bottle of Stabil says.

Quote:
Q: How much STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer should I add to fuel?
A: One ounce (30mL) of STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer for every 2 ½ gallons (9.5 L) of gasoline, gasoline/oil mixtures, or ethanol blends is the recommended dosage level.

That quote is from the Stabil Web site. That's for the red stuff. I believe the blue marine grade is half the dosage. I usually double the above dosage for winter (6-month storage).

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Quote:
Q: How much STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer should I add to fuel?
A: One ounce (30mL) of STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer for every 2 ½ gallons (9.5 L) of gasoline, gasoline/oil mixtures, or ethanol blends is the recommended dosage level.

That quote is from the Stabil Web site. That's for the red stuff. I believe the blue marine grade is half the dosage. I usually double the above dosage for winter (6-month storage).

So my understanding this stuff is pretty flexible with overdosing? Cause you say you double the recommended dosage of 1 oz per 2 1/2 gallons of gasoline.

Just put 2oz+ a little bit of new fresh Sta-Bil in the 5.7 gallon tank on the Beemer. Last winter I did not get enough in and my jets plugged up. $58 repair job at the Beemer shop. Last year winter hit early and the bike was idle from mid Oct to Late March. Although this fall seems much milder, ain't takin no more chances. Noticed the back label has a place to write in the date you open the bottle. A nice touch IMO.

I havent had the best luck with Stabil(red) and I store alot of toys. I have had the best luck with Sea Foam for storage. Might want to try it and see how it works for you.

Last year I was kind of lax since I had never had a problem before, and the rough winter bit me in the butt. Lesson learned.

Quote:
Q: How long will STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer keep fuel fresh?
A: For 12 months when mixed into fresh gasoline. Doubling the dosage will keep fuel fresh for up to 2 years.*

Again, this quote is from the Stabil Web site. That's why I double the dose for over the winter storage. It has worked for me for 10-15 years in my outboards and motorcycle. Just be sure to run the mix for awhile to make sure it gets all through the fuel system.

when i wanted the sta-bill bottle i used the mmo dosage. 4 oz in 10 gal. had no trouble, then i put mmo in the bottle. that was about 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back