Have about 4K on my P4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a set of Pirelli P4s for my 97 Camry and received a $40 rebate. Immediately after that, the Michelin Destiny offered a $70 rebate. My first inclination was disappointment at not waiting. After driving on the P4s, I like the ride better than the Destiny; it's softer/more comfortable. The handling seems pretty similar, I obviously can't comment on the tire life. At this point, I like the P4 at least as much as the Destiny. That's saying a lot because I've owned several sets of Destinys and always liked them.

I bought P4's for the winter(although not a winter/snow tire) to use on my 04 Altima and I love em. This will be my 3rd winter comming up. At the time I was searching, I was looking for an A/S tire that does well in the snow/ice and the P4's scored high in these areas at that time. But, not only in these areas, other areas as well such as hydroplaining, handling, ride, noise etc. I made a good choice and I enjoy driving the car with these tire on the car.

ConsumerReports recent test of A/S tires ranks them 3rd and not so well in the snow/ice but, I have no complaints. Maybe not as good as a dedicated winter tire but very good in the snow/ice just the same, IMHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back