Canucks - Fuel You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use whatever.. My Nissan prefers good gas as far as I can tell, but the Saturn does not care at all.

Last tank on the Saturn was Ultramar 87 octane.

Last tank on the Nissan was V-power Shell.

My Corvette seems to like Shell V-Power a lot, but more importantly my air miles account loves it the most
grin2.gif
With all the 10x bonus air miles events at Shell this year I've managed to get a couple of steak dinners at The Keg for free just by cashing in my air miles

Originally Posted By: Patman
My Corvette seems to like Shell V-Power a lot, but more importantly my air miles account loves it the most
grin2.gif
With all the 10x bonus air miles events at Shell this year I've managed to get a couple of steak dinners at The Keg for free just by cashing in my air miles
Do you have to use premium? If so then it's worth it, if not then buy the steak dinners as they are cheaper than premium up here bud!
frown.gif

I don't get any mileage gain out of the E0 Shell V-Power and actually get better from E-10 Shell even though theoretically its shouldn't be possible.

Steve

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Do you have to use premium? If so then it's worth it, if not then buy the steak dinners as they are cheaper than premium up here bud!
frown.gif

I don't get any mileage gain out of the E0 Shell V-Power and actually get better from E-10 Shell even though theoretically its shouldn't be possible.

My Corvette definitely needs premium, up until recently my computer tune necessitated 94 octane to avoid pinging, but I recently had it redone to allow me to step back to 91.

If I run Shell (which has no ethanol in it's premium) I get 21 MPG on my daily commute but when I run any of the others with ethanol in it that drops to 19.

I have been using Huskey lately (because I found out it's Sunnoc Top-Tier fuel just re-branded) and I have been getting fantastic mileage compared to Shell. You might try this in your Corvette.

I'm happy because they have a good discount program for loyal customers and CAA dollars towards your yearly membership and it's top-tier with lots of locations...

I'm all over the map on the gas I use. For a long time, I was a die-hard CT gas customer b/c I'd use flyer coupons to get extra CT money.

That got a bit tiring, so now I tend to just go wherever I'm nearest to when I need gas.

That said, I don't know if it's placebo, but I swear my cars runs just a bit better on Petro-Canada regular, so recently, I've been going to PC more. I think PC works really, really hard to offer quality products, so I think their gas is top-rate.

As to differences between gas, the 'base gas' may be the same, BUT, the brand-specific additives added at the station are different. Again, PC's 'Tactrol' additive is a good one, and probably pretty close to Chevron's 'Techron' for quality...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have been using Huskey lately (because I found out it's Sunnoc Top-Tier fuel just re-branded) and I have been getting fantastic mileage compared to Shell. You might try this in your Corvette.

I ran Husky in my Corvette last year, but back then it was not an ethanol blend, and I'm also pretty sure it was 94 octane (even though the pump said 91) because my Corvette was not pinging on Husky (but it would ping with other brands of 91 at the time)

I tried Husky again earlier this year, but now the pumps say it has ethanol, and now I'm sure it's 91 as I was getting pinging again (until I had my computer tuning re done) I get worse MPG with Husky over Shell now that Husky has ethanol in it.

As I mentioned I would earlier, I switched back to Esso 91 for a couple of tanks instead of the Shell V-Power I had been running most of the summer. Fuel economy was excellent, probably a little better than V-Power, and performance was close but perhaps a little better than V-Power too.

my 99 chevy 4x4 doesnt care where i go for fuel however my 2000 mustang runs like poorly and stalls if i use anything but shell vpower...i was in bc a couple weeks ago and that chevron gas was unreal...my car felt turbo powered....esso gas makes me nervous and pc stalls me out...i personally would prefer to buy the cheap stuff but the mustang wont let me

Last edited:
In the Ottawa area I use Ultramar 91 octane on Thursday where it's 3 cents off. Not a big savings, but it tells me they are turning that stuff over regularly. The local subaru club like their premium for exactly that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back