Texaco Havoline converting to Chevron Brands !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevron Products Company is announcing that all of the Texaco Havoline lubricant line will be converting into the Chevron brand starting in the middle of 2011 (assumming Summer 2011).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/havolin...nk=MW_news_stmp

The new conversion will allow most of us on here to obtain these great products more efficiently and without much hassle at locations such as local Chevron and Texaco stations, Texaco Express Lube, Local distributors, and Local retailers such as O'Reilly, Autozone, etc. across the states.

Last edited:
Thanks for the article. I wish Walmart would start carrying the stuff again. They already carry Chevron Delo...maybe they'll start carrying the Chevron Supreme oil.

They were basically the same anyway. Maybe now we'll see better distrobution of their products. I'm with Hokiefyd and would like to see the Chevron oil at Wal-Phart.

As I recall the havoline name will be retained, just under the Chevron line.

That's great, except I can't think of a Texaco or Chevron station within 30 miles of where I live or commute. We just don't have them around here in upstate NY.

I just hope WalMart/Sam's will still carry the Chevron branded Havoline. I will admit to some emotional pain at seeing the Texaco badge fading away. (Yes Bill, I read the article you posted the other day!
smile.gif
) I think every vehicle I've owned has had Texaco Havoline in it at some point or another. I have a recently purchased case downstairs so the current buggy will be no exception.

I know, "What's in a name?", right?

Off to buy some more Texaco branded Havoline!

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
I just hope WalMart/Sam's will still carry the Chevron branded Havoline. I will admit to some emotional pain at seeing the Texaco badge fading away. (Yes Bill, I read the article you posted the other day!
smile.gif
) I think every vehicle I've owned has had Texaco Havoline in it at some point or another. I have a recently purchased case downstairs so the current buggy will be no exception.

I know, "What's in a name?", right?

Off to buy some more Texaco branded Havoline!

Keep in mind that "Havoline" was a well-respected oil brand before Texaco acquired it in the 1930s.

Maybe with Havoline becoming a Chevron brand we'll see Havoline containers that are the blue and white of my childhood.

newtexacocanfront.jpg

Early on, when the Havoline name had more notoriety among motor oils than the Texaco brand, it was hard to find the word "Texaco" on the can anywhere.

03110449s50s-168.jpg

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Thanks for the article. I wish Walmart would start carrying the stuff again. They already carry Chevron Delo...maybe they'll start carrying the Chevron Supreme oil.
Strange they don't carry it down in the sandhills/Fayetteville area. Every Walmart I've been in, in the Charlotte, Concord and Gastonia piedmont area carry Havoline in jugs and quarts.
21.gif

I'm glad the Havoline name isn't disappearing. It's a solid, well-known name. I had no idea Havoline was a stand-alone company that Texaco 'acquired'...I thought Havoline was the name of Texaco's oils!

Interesting stuff!

It's been coming since Havoline(Chevron) dumped interest in their synthetic line. No way can you be a player if you don't have a "synthetic" product to offer at China-Mart and the big chain parts houses.
Granted,Havoline Deposit Shield turns in stellar results that the nameless silver jug cannot touch for 1/3 the cost but most folk do not worry over oil.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Strange they don't carry it down in the sandhills/Fayetteville area. Every Walmart I've been in, in the Charlotte, Concord and Gastonia piedmont area carry Havoline in jugs and quarts.
21.gif

I'll have to check that out if I'm in the area. I finished off my local Walmart's supply of the Havoline quarts about 3 years ago, when they clearanced them out for $1.00 or $1.50 each. I bought every one of the 20 quarts they had left. I don't ever remember seeing it in the jugs there. That was a favorite oil of mine...ran great in my older Cadillac and Nissan truck. Sam's sells it, but only by the case and only in 5W-30 and 10W-30 grades. I use a high mileage 10W-30 in my truck, and both of my passenger vehicles use an xW-20.

The Walmarts in southwest Virginia don't stock Havoline either, so I figured Walmart as a whole stopped stocking it (DS). Every Walmart I've been to has the Delo, though.

Hi,
S2500Dog - I find this quite ironic

In the mid 1960s I worked in a Technical capacity for Caltex in Scandinavia. I reported to the Italian-American CEO. During this period all Caltex branded service stations were converted to the Chevron brand - over 40 years ago!!

Caltex (Delo etc), Havoline and Texaco products remained branded as before

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Early on, when the Havoline name had more notoriety among motor oils than the Texaco brand, it was hard to find the word "Texaco" on the can anywhere.

03110449s50s-168.jpg

yeah but back in the day that was very bad oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back