Goped 2-stroke oil/gas ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a lightly used 2003 goped with the G23LH Japan engine.

I used to own one of these machines when I was younger, about 10 years ago. The engine from that time period I still have, it outlasted the frame.

Now I used to run different 2T oils (including watercraft oil) and it ran great. I think I used 25:1. Google does not provide a definitive answer with people saying 25:1, 32:1 and 40:1.

Anyone know of the correct ratio? Please don't say "just use saber" haha. I have plenty of Stihl HP Blend and HP Super.

32:1 is the normal mixture used with modern oils. Its sort of the standard. All the two stroke weedeaters or lawn equipment you see will say 32:1 on the gas cap and I can remmember the KX motocrossers I used to buy would have a 32:1 sticker on the back fender. Of course some oil manufacturers such as Golden Spectro or Amsoil, change the manufacturers suggestions and have thier own ratio to live by. 32:1 is safe, aprox. 4 ounces to a gallon of gas.

I just ran a gallon of premium mixed with some weedeater poulan oil I had leftover.

The mix may be too lean, it does not smoke nor is the plug oily. I see no provision to adjust the carb on this engine. Will be using the Stihl blend now.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
32:1 is the normal mixture used with modern oils. Its sort of the standard. All the two stroke weedeaters or lawn equipment you see will say 32:1 on the gas cap and I can remmember the KX motocrossers I used to buy would have a 32:1 sticker on the back fender. Of course some oil manufacturers such as Golden Spectro or Amsoil, change the manufacturers suggestions and have thier own ratio to live by. 32:1 is safe, aprox. 4 ounces to a gallon of gas.

All the upper tier manufacturers of 2-stroke engines, Stihl & Husqvarna come to mind, recommend 50:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back