Fram oil stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried it. I picked up a bottle and from what I can tell it's similar to Lucas engine stabilizer in terms of thickness. Or like STP engine stuff.

I wouldn't buy.....save your moneys.

I found this online... I think the article was dated 2006. I don't even know if they make this anymore.

"Oil additives like the Fram Oil Treatment and Stabilizer are especially useful to people who drive a lot of kilometers annually, or use their vehicle regularly for hauling or towing," said Megan Currie, the Fram brand product manager. "What we call 'heavy duty cycle use,' or just hard use, can deplete the protective qualities in engine oils fast. Our oil stabilizer provides additives that give engines protection; it's like giving your engine oil vitamins."

Fram produces two oil additives - Fram Oil Treatment and Stabilizer and Fram Synthetic Oil Treatment and Stabilizer - designed to protect the engine between oil changes and safeguard it during the most demanding of driving situations.

These products fight oil breakdown, rust and corrosion. The treatments' detergents keep the engine running cleaner and at its most efficient, and its conditioners protect seals from potential leaks.

Use is easy; simply substitute the Fram Oil Treatment and Stabilizer for one quart of oil during a regular oil change. For more information, visit www.fram.com.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
I haven't tried it. I picked up a bottle and from what I can tell it's similar to Lucas engine stabilizer in terms of thickness. Or like STP engine stuff.

I wouldn't buy.....save your moneys.

It is not thick like STP or Lucas. It has the consistancy of a typical xw-30 oil.

I hve seen it in Big Lots, figure it was a Johnny come lately. Additives either really work and they satisfy the mind that they are working. If ur set on buying the fram stuff,,just go buy the Lucas and be happy.

I've got 10 oz. of it in my new fill of GTX 5W-30 - hoping it helps with some cleaning.

I got it for $2/quart at a dollar store..how could I NOT buy it?

:p

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Has anybody tried this... 5bucks a liter at princess auto

I'm sorry but I'm still laughing that you guys have an auto part store called "princess auto"
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I've got 10 oz. of it in my new fill of GTX 5W-30 - hoping it helps with some cleaning.

Update:

I've now got 20 oz. of this stuff in with VWB 5W-20 in my new-to-me Mazda Tribute. With about 1500 miles on it, the oil just looks like normal, dark gold oil. I'm assuming my engine is fairly clean, so I didn't expect it to do much - I actually just used it to get rid of it!

Update:

I've now got 20 oz. of this stuff in with VWB 5W-20 in my new-to-me Mazda Tribute. With about 1500 miles on it, the oil just looks like normal, dark gold oil. I'm assuming my engine is fairly clean, so I didn't expect it to do much - I actually just used it to get rid of it!

If you want more let me know
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back