Thoughts on "Spectro Motorcycle Oils"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am strongly considering using "Spectro Syn Motorcycle Oils"
in all three holes at my bikes next service. 2010 HD DynaGlide...Any thoughts? They have a separate oil for every hole...

I ran Golen Spectro in my dirt bikes since I was about 8 years old. Lol I don't even know how I ended up using it, I think I saw an ad in Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider or something, and I'm sure that it was endorsed by one of my heros. I never had a problem with it, and ran it up until about 8 years ago when I found out about Amsoil. I wonder if the 2cyle oil still comes in those round black and gold bottles...

How much per bottle? Motorcycle specific oils tend to be a lot more. I run Rotella 15W-40 in my Suzuki. I think it ran me $2.00 a qt at Wal-mart.

I'm a fan of 15w40 rotella. Depending on my neuroticism in the summer, I might put 20w50 in the bike, but next oil change it will be dino rotella.

I use the Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil in my FLTRSE3. I am very pleased with how it shifts and the reduced gear noise.
I am sure the other oils they offer are of very good quality.

You might want to read this article. It's appropriate since it specifically mentions Spectro. The testing done in this article is by no means all encompassing nor was it meant to be. But the point being made is that you can't assume the sky-high price and hype that accompanies a product is backed-up by the product actually being better.

Motorcyle oil comparison (Spectro)

"you can't assume the sky-high price and hype that accompanies a product is backed-up by the product actually being better."

BINGO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back