UCL for a car running Water/Meth injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running water/meth injection on my supercharged VW. It seems to me that while the W/M injection would keep things clean (and cool and detonation free), it may increase the need for a good UCL to add to my fuel. What would you use? I have been looking at MMO, Lucas UCL or perhaps 2-cycle oil. What do you think would be the better choice and why?

Thanks in advance!

I just did a quick search and Pro-blend alcohol fuel lube popped up for sale in a few spots and was mentioned in an SRT-4 (turbo-neon) forum. I wonder what the diff between it and any other UCL might be...

Are you planning to add this to the meth/water reservoir or to the fuel tank?

Any can be used. Add an 1/2 to 2 ounces to every 10 gallons of fuel. Stick with easy to find products like Marvel, Lucas, 2-stroke oil...

Also, if you have a cam driven high pressure fuel pump, it will help it and its cam follower I'd imagine. I don't KNOW know that, but seems like it should. I do and I don't miss putting in the MMO or Lucas in a tank, whichever I have picked up on a sale. Since so very little goes in, it seems it would help.

Another thing you might consider is one of Royal Purple's XPR oils designed to handle these exotic fuels. Their 10w40 XPR and 5w20 XPR oils are specifically designed to hand methanol, alcohol, nitrous, ethanol, etc in the fuel. Combine that with the 2oz's (per 10 gallons) to your fuel and I think you would have your A game one for sure.

Thanks for the replies. This is something I would be adding to the gas tank. The pumps and seals for the W/M injection system are not recommend to be used with any type of lubricant.

I have a 1997 VW so it doesn't have the type of fuel pump you are referring to. I am currently using redline motor oil but I will check out the RP.

So if one is about as good as another, I'll use MMO because it's cheap and easy to find.

MMO would be a good choice. FP Plus another one with a good reputation. If you have a WM nearby MMO is easy to grab.

Let me know how things work out for you. Do you log? It won't been soon, but when I pay off my STI I'm going to start playing a bit more. I've always been interested in meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back