2011 Ford F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to change peoples perceptions. Get used to it though, your going to see a lot more of this as the fuel economy issues clamp down harder...

I did on my '97 F150 and I still wish I had that truck back. It was made in mid 1996 and was the best vehicle I've ever owned. They already started to de-content some things by the '99 - like the adjustable lumbar support in the passenger captains chair... Given some engines history though, I understand the resistance to change - similar to the resistance to the 5.4 and 6.8l engines when they were introduced....

not really similar at all.

Too many of us have watched turbo motors fail to last. Or simply fail.

And NO ONE here or anywhere can point to a twin turbo DI gasoline engine in a truck doing any heavy hauling. It simply hasn't been done before.

Might be the best thing since sliced bread. But we don't know yet.

I'd agree that this is a new service for a direct injection turbo engine.

However, I'd also point out that there were an awful lot of naysayers (who am I kidding, there still are some) about using overhead cams in a pickup truck applications when the '97 F series made its debut claiming that they have no low end power and wouldn't last. Ford went from slightly larger displacement OHV engines to smaller displacement OHC engines with higher power and that seems to have worked out well for them, I think we can agree on that.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The truth is no one knows. This engine has a lot to prove in the real world.

You go first!

+1 Let someone else prove it at their expense. I'd give the power plant at least 2 years before I jump in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back